This is a question I'm asked almost daily and my answer will always be YES! Throughout my travel career and especially after the past year, I have yet to find a reason to say no.
A travel protection plan is a package of insurance benefits and non-insurance services intended to help protect your travel investment, your belongings, and most importantly, yourself.
All of Travel Insured’s plans provide coverage while you are away, which may include:
• Accident & Sickness Medical Expense
• Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
• Baggage Delay
• Baggage & Personal Effects
• Missed Tour or Cruise Connection
• Trip Delay
• Itinerary Change
• Change Fee
• Political or Security Evacuation and Natural Disaster Evacuation
• Optional Travel Inconvenience • and more!
REASONS FOR TRIP CANCELLATION & TRIP INTERRUPTION
Protection of your travel investment may include Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption.
Some covered reasons include:
• Sickness or Injury
• Inclement Weather
• NOAA Hurricane Warning
• Destination Evacuation
• Terrorist Incident
• Theft of Passport/Visa
• Destination Wedding Cancellation
• Employer Termination
• 50% or More Trip Loss
• Pregnancy or Childbirth
• Traffic Accident
• Military Leave Revocation
*Additional terms apply to each covered reason listed.
• Cash reimbursement for Trip Cancellation, not a travel credit for future use.*
• Medical expenses while you are away may not be covered by your health insurance while you’re traveling, especially outside of the United States. Travel Insured can help with that.
• Baggage protection can help when your homeowner’s policy may not cover the expenses from loss, delay, theft, and damage.
• Pre-Existing Conditions Exclusion Waiver is available under certain plans within 21 days of the date their initial trip deposit is received.
*Insurance coverages are subject to the terms, limitations and exclusions in the plan, including an exclusion for pre-existing conditions.
Just like your car, health, and life insurance — a travel protection plan must be purchased before you actually need it.